Elementary Admission Guidelines
Katoh Gakuen Gyoshu Elementary School Immersion Course
|Examination Date||Early October||As needed
(In case the applicant is not able to attend the entrance examination due to being abroad etc. and if there are vacancies in the appropriate year group, the application is accepted by the end of grade 5.)
|Result Announcement||Late October||Within a few days after the examination day|
|Remarks||The application form and applicant report must be filled out and submitted to the Gyoshu Elementary School Front Office with the examination fee (10,000yen).||The application form must be submitted to the Gyoshu Elementary School Front Office with the examination fee (10,000yen).|
- For up-to-date information on Elementary admissions please check the Katoh Gakuen Gyoshu Elementary Homepage. (Here)
- Transfer applications will be considered only if there are vacancies in the appropriate year group by the end of grade 5. Please contact the elementary for details.
- The grade the student may transfer into shall be based on the applicant’s age following the Japanese government guidelines.
- The above information is only for admission/transfer into the Katoh Gakuen Gyoshu Elementary English Immersion Course. Please note that the admission/transfer process is different for the Open Plan Course.
- Children transferring into the English Immersion Program require age-appropriate academic ability and proficiency in both Japanese and English. In principle, transferring into the Immersion course is intended for returnee students, similar bilingual backgrounds.